14 Dec Quantity Surveyor
- Take overall responsibility for the financial management of contracts from award stage through to final certification and payment.
- Be fully familiar with the contract documents – tender documents, drawings, specifications, Bills of Quantities, programme, etc. – for the contracts to which you have been assigned.
- Work in close liaison with the Contracts Manager, Site Manager, and Directors to ensure that the works proceed within budgets, and on programme.
- Prepare comprehensive subcontract/supplier enquiries to ensure that the procurement of subcontractors and specialised materials is carried out to comply with the construction programme, and at the most economically advantageous price. Surveying Director to be made aware of any instance where a subcontractor/supplier cannot be sourced at a price less than or equal to the budget.
- Prepare, and submit on time, detailed monthly progress accounts to the Architect/PQS. Ensure that the recommendation and the architect’s certificate are issued within the timeframe allowed for in contract.
- Prepare, and present accurate monthly work-inprogress reports together with subcontractor liabilities by the required date, and any other reports that may be requested by the directors. Be aware that reports issued will be incorporated into the overall company accounts and will influence the profit & loss accounts and corporation tax liabilities.
- Manage Subcontractor Accounts, including remeasurement of all elements etc and ensure that the correct payment amounts are made.
- Assist the Contracts Managers in liaising with the members of the Design Team to ensure that information is obtained in good time, that instructions and intent are fully understood, and that the Architect / Employer’s Representative is fully informed of all relevant events on site.
- Assist the Estimating Department in preparing detailed Bills of Quantities for Drawings & Spec projects
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree level qualification in Construction Economics or Quantity Surveying
- 5 years experience in a Quantity Surveying role
- experience with a main contractor is desirable
- civil engineering experience is preferred however building experience is also relevant
- Excellent remuneration package available for the right candidate