28 Jan Financial Controller
Location: Office | Level/Salary Range: 2-3 Years plus experience | Travel Required: No | Position Type: Full time
This role reports to and will be based at:
Unit 30, The Business Centre
Stadium Business Park
PH : 353 1 8853807
MDY Construction are a main contractor that have been in operation for over 25 years. The company has undergone some restructuring in recent months and are now based in Ballycoolin, Dublin 11.
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Financial Controller – reporting to the Group FC. The successful candidate will join the senior management team and contribute to all aspects of the running a successful business.
We need you to manage the finance function and have a strategic input to the growth of the business.
The ideal candidate will have between 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in a high volume construction environment would be beneficial
Your new role:
- Preparation and Review of monthly / quarterly management accounts and preparation of reporting packs for the Managing Director.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly financial reporting pack including full P&L, Balance Sheet and analysis of same.
- Direct and manage all aspects of the Finance and Accounting functions of the organisation
- Monitor and report on agreed KPIs
- Prepare and issue weekly and monthly reports
- Overseeing AR, Credit Control and AP.
- Ensure effective and robust site financial controls are in place to minimise risk
- In conjunction with the GFC & MD, develop and implement business plans. You will be a key figure in the delivery of these plans.
- Participate in senior management meetings to review company progress.
- Responsibility for year-end audit process
- Responsible for the co-ordination and preparation of the annual budget
- Compile annual returns, monthly management accounts, external reporting, tax
What you’ll need to succeed
- You must be Qualified Accountant (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CPA) with a min of 5 years PQE.
- Excellent IT skills and full proficiency in Microsoft Office, ERP systems.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent numerical skills.
- Analysing information, planning and reporting research results;
- Strategic planning and an attention to detail;
- Experience using ABM is an advantage
- Able to multi-tsk and meet strict deadlines;
- Impeccable problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in the construction industry is an advantage for this role.
- You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, have an excellent knowledge of the industry, and be motivated and a good team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
Preferred Working hours
- The company provide flexible working time – we operate a 9 hours working day (less one hour unpaid for breaks), with a start time anywhere between 7-9am.
- 21 days annual leave per annum
- Convenient location – Dublin 11
- Free onsite parking