14 Dec Contracts Manager
- Take overall responsibility for the management, control, and performance of contracts from award stage through to final certification.
- Be fully familiar with the contract documents – tender documents, drawings, specifications, Bill of Quantities, programme, etc. – for the contracts to which you have been assigned.
- Work in close liaison with the Site Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Safety Manager, and Quality Manager to ensure that the works proceed safely, on programme, and within budgets.
- Take all necessary measures to ensure that the works comply with specification, Building Regulations, Building Control (Amendment) Regulations, planning conditions (insofar as they apply), and relevant statutory obligations.
- Prepare – and present as required – construction programmes, schedules of required information, and progress and meeting reports in the approved formats.
- Liaise with the members of the Design Team to ensure that information is obtained in good time, that instructions and intent are fully understood, and that the Architect / Employer’s Representative is fully informed of all relevant events on site.
- Liaise with the Assigned Certifier and Ancillary Certifiers to ensure that all required records and certificates are produced.
- Prepare Contract Performance / KPI Reports in conjunction with the Project QS for issue to the Construction and Surveying Directors at regular intervals.
- Regularly inspect the works for compliance with specification, quality of workmanship, adherence to programme, and maintenance of safety standards.
- Regularly inspect site documentation and records to ensure compliance with company procedures.
- Hold regular production meetings with management staff and sub-contractors and circulate minutes of all such meetings.
- Ensure that all variations to the works are recorded as they occur, that they are priced, and included in interim applications.
Qualification & Education Requirements:
- Computer literacy, and good administration skills are essential to this role
- Full clean driving licence is essential to this role
- Industry experience working on either the SEAI’s BEHS or WHS scheme would be highly advantageous – please give details of your previous role & responsibilities.
- 3rd level qualification in relevant field, construction/site management or trade qualification and experience would be advantageous
- IOSH Managing Safety in Construction, Occupational First Aid, and any other CSCS or CPD training should be provided in your application
Excellent remuneration package available for the right candidate